Ever since Netflix released the first two seasons of
"Keeping Up with the Kardashians." (KUWTK) streams, interest in the American-Armenian family clan is also growing again in Germany. The Kardashians are among the most famous celebrities of our time and are omnipresent – especially on platforms like Instagram.
What is most remarkable is that each member of the family has now built up his own business in addition to the reality series – and also very successful. But how did the family manage its meteoric rise? Who belongs to the clan? And what fortunes the Kardashians have amassed?
We answer all the important questions about one of the most famous families in the world.
Who belongs to the Kardashian/Jenner clan?
The reason people like to refer to the Kardashians/Jenners as a "clan" is because the family is actually very large – and it's easy to get confused if you don't know exactly who's who. We introduce the family members.
These are the members of the family clan:
- Kris Jenner: Head of the family and "momager" (a portmanteau of the words "mom" and "manager"). Married lawyer Robert Kardashian in 1978 and had four children with him: Kourtney, Kimberly, Khloe and Robert Jr. The couple divorced in 1991, but remained friends until the death Robert Kardashian. The 64-year-old had two more children in her second marriage to athlete Bruce Jenner, whom she married just two months after her divorce: Kendall and Kylie Jenner.
- Robert Kardashian: Father of the first four children, whose Armenian family had immigrated to the U.S. Kardashian was part of the defense team and a friend of O's.J. Simpson, the former football star who was accused of murdering his ex-wife and her acquaintance in 1994 and was acquitted despite serious circumstantial evidence. Ex-wife Kris Kardashian was a good friend of Simpson's murdered ex-wife Nicole Brown-Simpson. Robert Kardashian died of esophageal cancer in 2003, just two months after his diagnosis. He lived to the age of 59.
- Caitlyn Jenner: Born Bruce Jenner, who won the gold medal in the decathlon at the 1976 Olympics and set a world record. Kris and Caitlyn (then still Bruce) Jenner divorced in 2014. In 2015, 70-year-old Jenner came out as a trans woman.
- Kim Kardashian-West: Second daughter of Kris Jenner and Robert Kardashian. Became famous in 2007 for a "sex tape". Long the most famous of the Kardashian sisters. Has her own makeup line "KKW Beauty" and shapewear label "Skims". The 39-year-old is married in third marriage to rap superstar Kanye West, with whom she has four children. Together with her husband, she advocates for criminal justice reform in the U.S.
- Kourtney Kardashian: The first child of Kris Jenner and Robert Kardashian. Like her sisters, she has her own business, the lifestyle website Poosh, and does advertising for various companies. With her ex-boyfriend Scott Disick, the 41-year-old has three children.
- Khloe Kardashian: The third daughter of Kris Jenner and Robert Kardashian is also a successful entrepreneur. In addition to "KUWTK" and some spin-off formats, the 35-year-old founded such as the jeans brand "Good American". Khloe Kardashian advocates for the recognition of the Armenian genocide and is the mother of a daughter.
- Robert Kardashian Jr.: The 33-year-old "Rob" is the youngest child of Kris Jenner and Robert Kardashian, after whom he was named. Rob took part in the dance show "Dancing with the Stars" in 2011 and came in second place. He has a daughter from his tumultuous relationship with model Blac Chyna.
- Kendall Jenner: Kris and Jenner's first child together. The 23-year-old is one of the most successful and best-paid models of our time. The 24-year-old had her first modeling jobs at age 14.
- Kylie Jenner: The nestling of the family is now the top earner of all members. With her makeup line "Kylie Cosmetics", the 22-year-old became almost a billionaire, her fortune is currently estimated at about 900 million dollars. She recently launched her cosmetics line "Kylie Skin". She has a child together with ex-boyfriend and rapper Travis Scott.
In addition to the "main figures" of the family, other members also belong to the clan. Caitlyn Jenner has several children from her first two marriages, who can be seen on "KUWTK" from time to time: Burton, Cassandra, Brandon and Brody.
Kim Kardashian's husband, rapper Kanye West, with whom she has been dating since 2012 and married since 2014, appears on the show. Her sisters' and brother Rob's partners also made appearances – most notably Kourtney's ex-boyfriend Scott Disick, who has been on the show since season one.
How did the Kardashians get rich and famous?
The Kardashians never lived in bad circumstances – however, "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" catapulted them to the top of U.S. society. The series came at the right time – in the golden age of reality shows, such as "Jersey Shore," "Real Housewives" or the precursor "The Simple Life".
Speaking of "The Simple Life" – Paris Hilton, Along with Nicole Richie, one of the protagonists of the show, has a not negligible merit in the rise of the Kardashian clan. Indeed, before Kim Kardashian overtook the hotel heiress in fame, she was Hilton's styling assistant and "closet organizer" – she organized the blonde's enormous closet.
And just like Paris Hilton, Kim also achieved final fame with a "leaked" Sex tape (perhaps Paris tipped her off?). The explicit video showing Kim with her then-rapper boyfriend Ray J came to light in 2007 – shortly after "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" started. A rogue who thinks evil of it.
How much is the fortune of the Kardashians?
The richest member of the family is 22-year-old Kylie Jenner – her fortune is estimated at around 900 million dollars (equivalent to 790 million euros) estimated. She is followed by Kim Kardashian with a fortune of about 350 million dollars (308 million euros). "Momager" Kris Jenner owns around $60 million (52 million euros).
Khloe Kardashian has made her fortune of an estimated $40 million (35 million euros) not just from "Keeping up with the Kardashians," but also with several spin-offs and her jeans brand "Good American," which had sales of $1 million (880.000 euros) has brought in. Sister Kourtney has a fortune of about 35 million dollars (30 million euros), followed closely by Kendall Jenner with about 30 million dollars (26 million euros).
Will Netflix also publish the other seasons?
Ever since the streaming giant Netflix released the first two seasons of the reality show, many fans have been asking, "When will Season 3?". The provider has not yet announced if and when the other seasons will come to Netflix.
What is clear, however, is that there is enough material. The first season of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" was filmed in 2007, since then a total of 18 seasons and 271 episodes produced – not to mention the numerous spin-offs like "Kourtney and Kim Take New York," "Kourtney and Khloe Take The Hamptons" or "Life of Kylie".